ico-D . Leading Creatively
While taking into account and celebrating institutional, cultural and social differences throughout the world, ico-D serves the worldwide community by:
• being an international non-partisan and non-governmental representative voice for design;
• representing the interests of professional designers in a responsible manner;
• defining and increasing awareness of professional standards and best practices governing design practice;
• advocating for design as an effective way of advancing the best interests of humanity and the environment;
• fostering recognition and respect of design by individuals and society at large (practitioners and clients included) as a valued and vital profession;
• facilitating knowledge management and exchange;
• facilitating cooperation amongst organisations of designers and allied institutions; and supporting the development of design education (practice, theory and research).
The Council’s vision, mission and core values are manifested through initiatives that promote and represent design as a medium for progressive change.
wREGA has been a member of ico-D since 2001.